WARS OF BLOOD AND FAITH: THE CONFLICTS THAT WILL SHAPE THE 21ST CENTURY
Author: Ralph Peters
Publisher: STACKPOLE BOOKS, Jul 2007
Peters argues that we have left behind the "Age of Ideologies" to enter a violent period in which ethnicity & religion--blood & faith--will continue to be the source of ferocious rebellions, genocide, & global terrorism. 6x9 inches, 368 pgs.
In the no-holds-barred tradition that has won him so many fans across the nation and around the world, best-selling author and strategist Ralph Peters confronts the crucial security issues of our time--and the troubled times to come. With his trademark clarity and force, Peters argues that we have left behind the "Age of Ideologies" to enter a violent period in which ethnicity and religion--blood and faith--will continue to be the source of ferocious rebellions, genocide, and global terrorism. His compelling vision spares neither our foreign policy nor our domestic follies as he ruthlessly outlines what it will take to protect our country against this new breed of enemies.
* We have forgotten what it takes to win wars, leading to tragic, unnecessary failures.
* Too many Americans still refuse to take our enemies seriously, even though terrorists and foreign leaders are bent on inflicting apocalyptic destruction on us.
* Those enemies will use nuclear weapons, if allowed to possess them.
* Religious wars are impossible to prevent--because our enemies desire them.
* The Middle East is headed for greater chaos, and Israel may not survive.
* "Civilized" approaches to combat no longer work.
* Pop bestsellers have read globalization exactly wrong--it's leading the world to divisive crises of identity, not greater unity.
Despite these challenges, the United States will remain the world's most-successful and greatest power--but the cost will be determined by our willingness to face a new century's brutal realities.
Wars of Blood and Faith continues the ever-popular series of works by Ralph Peters on strategy, conflict, and the military published by Stackpole Books--titles that have not only excited and informed a wide range of readers, but which have profoundly influenced our national security.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Ralph Peters is a retired military officer, a popular media commentator, and the author of 22 books. An opinion columnist for the New York Post, he is a member of the boards of contributors at USA Today and Armchair General magazine, a columnist for Armed Forces Journal, and a frequent guest on television and radio.