THE HISTORY AND DEVELOPMENT OF SMALL ARMS AMMUNITION, VOL. I, 2ND ED.
Author: George A. Hoyem
Publisher: Armory Publications, Mar 2005
400 cartridges for the flintlock musket, percussion muzzle loader, smoothbore & rifled breechloader, pin & needle fire, rimfire, worldwide, + 170 multi-national firearms. Photos, illus; 8.5x11 inches, 262 pgs.
* 400 cartridges photo illustrated for the flintlock musket, percussion muzzle loader, smoothbore and rifled breechloader, pin fire, needle fire, tube primed and military rimfire worldwide.
* 170 firearms in photos and drawings that chambered the cartridges from the flintlock through the rim fire machine gun -- U.S. Civil War carines, Swiss, British, Russian, Italian, Prussian, Danish, Norwegian, Swedish, French and Bavarian rifles, carbines and volley guns.
* Dimensions tables follow each category of cartridges.
* Appendix contains 55 box labels of American Civil War rimfire cartridges.
* Appendix B illustrates in color 121 primitive cartridges of Denmark, Prussia, Bavaria, Austria, Switzerland, Turkey, Greece, Holland, Russia, United States, The Confederate States of America, Spain, Sweden and Norway.
* Appendix C lists 14 cartridge collecting associations and their publications and the ten annual cartridge collector's shows world wide.
* Bibliography and index.
* Guide to current values of over $60,000 worth of rare cartridges shown in the book comes with it at no cost.