THE COMPLETE GUIDE TO SURFCASTING
Author: Joe Cermele
Publisher: BURFORD BOOKS INC., Apr 2011
From selecting tackle to reading the beach, detailing everything the surfcaster needs to know, including how to select rod, reel, & line, baits, lures, knots, primary surf species, fishing for pelagic, jetty & rock fishing, surfcasting by region, fishing the storied hotspots & more. Also covers driving on the beach, tools & accessories for the surfcaster, basic gear maintenance, & much more. 200 B&W photos, 75 drawings; 7x9 inches, 320 pgs.
From selecting tackle to reading the beach, here is a truly ?complete? guide to the most popular form of saltwater angling. Cermele details literally everything the surfcaster needs to know, including:
* how to select rod, reel, and line
* baits?which ones to use, how to care for them, and how to fish them
* lures ?how to select and how to present most effectively
* knots every surfcaster must know
* reading the beach
* primary surf species?stripers, blues, flounder, drum and many more
* fishing for pelagics: bonito, false albacore, Spanish mackerel
* jetty and rock fishing
* surfcasting by region, on every coast, from Maine to the Pacific Northwest
* fishing the storied hotspots?Montauk, Hatteras, Padre Island and more
The Complete Guide to Surfcasting also covers driving on the beach, tools and accessories for the surfcaster, basic gear maintenance, and much more. With over 250 photographs and illustrations, this is a book that can help turn the casual surfcaster into a seasoned pro.
WHAT THE EXPERTS ARE SAYING:
?The Complete Guide to Surfcasting is an indispensable book for any surf fisherman, whether novice or expert. This book is a keeper.? ?David DiBenedetto, author of On the Run: An Angler?s Journey Down the Striper Coast
?This book is the most up-to-date and thorough treatise on the subject of surf fishing to be found anywhere.? ?John Brownlee, Editor in Chief, Salt Water Sportsman Magazine
? Cermele has written a guide that is comprehensive, clear, and a lot of fun to read.? ?Anthony Licata, Editor, Field & Stream
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Joe Cermele is the Fishing Editor of Field & Stream Magazine, and was formerly on the staff of Salt Water Sportsman. In addition to these publications he has also written for Men?s Journal, Angling Trade, and On the Water. He lives in Lawrenceville, NJ.