MODERN BOUNTY HUNTING: A REAL-LIFE GUIDE FOR THE BAIL FUGITIVE RECOVERY AGENT
Author: Rex Vanator
Publisher: PALADIN PRESS, Jun 2005
Everything you need to know to begin or further a career in bail fugitive recovery. Includes: determining whether you have the temperament & training to be a bounty hunter; researching bail, liability & deadly force laws in your state; making yourself employable as a recovery agent; tracking down, arresting, & more. Photos; 8.5x11 inches, 232 pp.
Much has changed in the bounty hunting business since Paladin published its last book on the subject more than a decade ago. Rex Venator has owned and operated his own bail fugitive recovery agency for the past 13 years, so he knows the realities of how the business works today.
In Modern Bounty Hunting, he tells you everything you need to know to begin or further a career in bail fugitive recovery, including:
* determining whether you have the temperament and training to be a bounty hunter
* researching the bail, liability and deadly force laws in your state
* making yourself more employable as a recovery agent
* protecting your identity and personal security from the bad guys
* setting up and running your own bail enforcement business
* tracking down, arresting, transporting and surrendering bail fugitives
* handling tricky cases, such as female prisoners, litigious families, suspects * under the influence of drugs and fugitives who are on their third strike
* getting paid for your arrests
Not only does Venator give you textbook instructions in how you should do all these things, each chapter has ?lessons from the street? that show how, even when you do everything right, things can sometimes go very wrong.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Rex Venator was a corrections officer for a county sheriff?s department and a military policeman before opening his own bail recovery agency in California.