INSIDE FLY TYING
Author: Dick Talleur
Publisher: STACKPOLE BOOKS, Aug 2004
100 Tips for Solving the Trickiest Fly-Tying Problems. Filled with a master fly tiers tips for solving common problems & simplifying tying methods. Includes new patterns & materials & innovative ways of tying classic flies. 299 color photos; 8x11 inches, 299 pgs.
* Finding quality hackle and tying hackle-quill bodies
* Dyeing and stripping peacock quills for bodies
* Dubbing and winging a Wulff-style dry fly
* Tying wood duck wings, single-feather parachutes, and foam-post parachutes
* Using hen and rooster capes and mallard flank feathers for streamers
* New alternative materials for Spey flies, Muddlers, Bombers, and stonefly nymphs
* Tying a spinner with an egg sac
* A hackling method for the Hewitt Skater
* The advantages of tying with Coq de Leon and Brahma feathers
Inside Fly Tying is filled with a master fly tiers tips for solving common problems and simplifying tying methods. Includes new patterns and materials and innovative ways of tying classic flies.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Dick Talleur is a well-known fly tier and author of several books, including Guide to Fly Tying, Basic Fly Tying, and Modern Fly-Tying Materials.