GUN DIGEST BOOK OF THE REVOLVER
Author: Grant Cunningham
Publisher: KRAUSE PUBLICATIONS/DBI BOOKS, Nov 2011
Learn virtually all aspects of living with the double-action revolver: shooting, handling, carrying, maintaining & accessorizing. Whether you're new to shooting, or just to the revolver, this book will teach you what you need to know to operate the quintessential American handgun. 200 B&W photos/illus; 6x9 inches, 240 pgs.
Whether you're new to shooting, or just to the revolver, this book will teach you what you need to know to operate the quintessential American handgun:
* why the revolver is a good choice for self defense;
* how to fit the revolver to your hands;
* which grips work (and which don't);
* the various ways of carrying spare ammunition (and the situations whereone is better than another);
* how to clean and maintain your wheelgun;
* sighting options (and what to do if your eyes aren't as young as they used to be);
* holster options;
* how to pick ammunition for practice, competition or defense;
* the secrets of sight adjustment;
* performing fast and efficient reloads appropriate to the situation; and even
* what malfunctions can occur and how to clear them rapidly and efficiently.
These are optimized procedures for using the revolver, not warmed-over autoloader techniques! Whether your revolver is used for sport, hunting, or self defense, you'll learn something from this book.
About the Author:
Grant Cunningham's articles and accompanying photographs have been published in Concealed Carry Magazine, the Personal Defense Network project, as well as numerous article on his own website. An accomplished photographer, his photographs were also used to illustrate Personal Defense for Women by Gila Hayes. Grant Cunningham lives in Oregon's beautiful Willamette Valley.