GOOD FISHING IN THE CATSKILLS: A COMPLETE ANGLER'S GUIDE 3RD EDITION
Author: Jim Capossela
Publisher: W.W. NORTON & COMPANY, Apr 2002
Newly revised & updated guide to a classic fly fishing destination. Delaware, Esopus, Beaver Kill, Neversink, Schoharie, Willoweoc & lesser known streams. Reservoirs - Pepacton, Cannonsville, Schoharie, Neversink, Ashokan, & Rondout. 30 B&W photos, 28 maps, index; 6x9, 224 pgs.
The newly revised and updated guide to a classic fly fishing destination gives anglers the information they need to:
* Fish legendary rivers like the Esopus, Beaver Kill, Neversink, Schoharie, and Willowemot.
* Discover many lesser-known streams, with light fishing pressure and plentiful native brookies and other trout.
* Explore the cold, deep mountain reservoirs -- Pepacton, Cannonsville, Schoharie, Neversink, Ashokan, and Roundout--with their miles of undeveloped shorelines and remarkable trophy fish.
* Fish the Delaware by canoe and find shad in season, as well as trout, bass, and walleye.
Dozens of maps and local hatch charts provide essential data for the region.
* Continued growth of interest in the sport, particularly in picturesque regions, such as the Catskills
* The Catskills' newfound resurgence as a second-home and vacation destination from New York City
* The Catskills are the recognized birthplace of American fly fishing.
* "The last word on fishing the waters in the reputed birthplace of fly-fishing." --Adirondac magazine.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Hudson Valley native Jim Capossela has devoted many years to exploring the streams and lakes in and around the Catskills. He has written ten books on fishing and outdoor recreation, as well as articles for Field and Stream, Sports Afield, and many other magazines. he lives in Croton-on-Hudson, New York.