BUG OUT VEHICLES AND SHELTERS: BUILD AND OUTFIT YOUR LIFE-SAVING ESCAPE
Author: Scott Williams
Publisher: PERSEUS / RUNNING PRESS, Nov 2011
Gives you the vital answers and options for becoming a survivor instead of a refugee. Provides the ordinary urban-dwelling American with info on what to take & where to go to have the best chance of survival. 6x9inches, 320 pgs.
A CATACLYSMIC DISASTER STRIKES YOUR AREA.
How will you evacuate your family to safety?
Do you have a vehicle you can count on?
Can it double as a mobile retreat, or do you
have a shelter prepared in advance?
What's your plan for reaching the shelter?
Bug Out Vehicles and Shelters gives you the vital answers and options for becoming a survivor instead of a refugee:
* Prepping fast-escape vehicles
* Using specially equipped vehicles for unique situations
* Planning for backup vehicles if your main escape option fails
* Utilizing bikes, canoes, kayaks, rowboats and other human-powered means of escape
* Preparing temporary shelters
* Locating and stocking longterm shelters
* Using an RV, motorhome, camper trailer or converted utility vehicle
* Living aboard boats, from motorboats to houseboats to blue-water sailboats
Explaining the advantages and drawbacks of each vehicle and shelter option, this survival handbook zeroes in on the key considerations and essential equipment for planning all your bug-out needs.