Out of Stock
Basic shipping only. What's this?
This item has been discontinued and is no longer available.
THE BLUE RIDGE AND SMOKY MOUNTAINS: AN EXPLORER'S GUIDE
Author: Jim Hargan
Publisher: W.W. NORTON & COMPANY, Jun 2002
Newest addition to the EXPLORER'S GUIDE series showcases the lodging, restaurants, shopping, & activities of the Blue Ridge & Smoky Mountain regions of North Carolina & Tennessee. 75 B&W photos, 15 maps; 6x9, 448 pgs.
Professional travel writer and photographer Jim Hargan, a longtime resident of western North Carolina, is your guide to the hills and back roads of the Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains region of North Carolina and Tennessee. Hargan reveals where to find local produce, crafts, and music, and leads you to the region's many historic homes and museums. He recommends scenic drives along the Blue Ridge Parkway and gentle walks in the mountains; outdoor activities from whitewater rafting to bicycling to hiking the Appalachian Trail; and distinctive dining, lodging, and shopping opportunities.
* Hundreds of dining and lodging reviews, from barbecue joints to four-star cuisine
* Opinionated listings of inns, B&Bs, hotels, and vacation cottages
* 22 up-to-date regional maps
* Handy icons point out places that offer best value, cater to families, welcome pets, and provide handicapped access.
* Author Jim Hargan is also a professional photographer whose work can be seen in many travel magazines and guidebooks
* The Smoky Mountains are the most-visited national park in the United States
* Comes at a time of growing sales for the whole Explorer's Guide series with the new series design.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Jim Hargan is a professional travel writer and photographer whose work has appeared in dozens of books and periodicals, including The New York Times, Blue Ridge Country, The Atlanta Journal, Field and Stream, and Midwest Express Inflight. His numbered and signed art prints are purchased by business and private collectors. He is also the photographer for North Carolina: Compass American Guide (Fodor's). He lives in Burnsville, North Carolina.