Daiichi Standard Dry Fly Hook, Mini Barb, Bronze Finish, 25/pkg - 1180
Daiichi Standard Dry Fly Hook, Mini Barb, Bronze Finish - 1180
Shaped like the Daiichi 1170, the 1180 is a round wire hook
(non-forged). It also features the Daiichi mini-barb, an impressively
small barb that is nearly invisible to the naked eye. Minute barbs hold
fish but allow easy hook-ups, plus they are easily removed. Many who
"pinch down" their barbs prefer these hooks because they easily pinch
down the barbs. Round bend, down-eye, standard wire, standard length,
"mini-barb" Uses: Traditional Dry Flies
Daiichi Fly hooks are the finest in the world. Here's
- They are made of the finest high carbon steel, which is hardened and
tempered to an exacting formula that makes for a long point life and a very
- Daiichi hooks use a 12-degree constant taper ground needle
point. This eliminates irregularities in shape, assuring no weak spots, &
gives amazing speed of penetration.
- Daiichi hooks are also chemically sharpened in
a special bath that deburs their points.
- Daiichi hooks come in multiple
finishes that are all evenly and smoothly applied.
- Each hook is precision
tooled "true" to the exact design of the eye, bend, gape & barb.
- The barbs are an advanced "low profile" design that results in minimal weakness and
less broken hooks and lost fish.