Daiichi Wide-Gape Scud Hook, 25/pkg - 1130
Daiichi Wide-Gape Scud Hook - 1130
Tiemco introduced continuous bend hooks into the American fly tying
market in the 1980's. This particular style is similar to the
TMC 2487, which quickly became popularly known as a "Scud
Hook" because of its shape, which is similar to the curve of
freshwater shrimp (scud). Flies tied on hooks with bent shanks
or continuous bends have a more natural shape or look more lifelike
according to many fishers.
Daiichi Fly hooks are the finest in the world. Here's
- They are made of the finest high carbon steel, which is hardened and
tempered to an exacting formula that makes for a long point life and a very
- Daiichi hooks use a 12-degree constant taper ground needle
point. This eliminates irregularities in shape, assuring no weak spots, &
gives amazing speed of penetration.
- Daiichi hooks are also chemically sharpened in
a special bath that deburs their points.
- Daiichi hooks come in multiple
finishes that are all evenly and smoothly applied.
- Each hook is precision
tooled "true" to the exact design of the eye, bend, gape & barb.
- The barbs are an advanced "low profile" design that results in minimal weakness and
less broken hooks and lost fish.