Out of Stock
Basic shipping only. What's this?
This item has been discontinued and is no longer available.
DESERT SURVIVAL: TIPS, TRICKS, & SKILLS
Author: Tony Nester
Publisher: PALADIN PRESS, Jan 2012
Learn skills & strategies for adapting to arid regions. Detailed explanations & practical advice; will provide you with a wealth of field-tested techniques designed for novice & veteran desert explorers alike. 130 min.
* Survival psychology
* How to cope with heat-stress & hyponatremia
* Important facts about scorpions & rattlesnakes
* Tips for locating water in barren regions
* Desert shelters for heat and cold
* Signaling devices
Includes the special bonus features:
* Equipping Your Vehicle for Desert Survival
* Desert Survival Checklist
* Tips for Troops Deploying to Desert Regions
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Tony Nester is the founder of the highly-respected survival school, Ancient Pathways in Flagstaff, Arizona. He has taught desert survival courses for Military Special Operations Units, the National Transportation & Safety Board (NTSB), and served as a technical consultant for the movie Into The Wild. Tony is the author of four books on survival and has been Featured on NBC News, the Discovery Channel, the New York Times, as well as writing a popular monthly column for Outside Magazine.