Basic shipping only. What's this?
MORE OF THE DEADLIEST MEN WHO EVER LIVED
Author: Paul Kirchner
Publisher: PALADIN PRESS, Mar 2009
Profiles more than 3 dozen of history's greatest individual warriors, including King David, John Wesley Hardin, George S. Patton, Richard the Lionheart, & Manfred von Richthofen. An insight into the skills, tactics, & mindset of the greatest fighting men & women the world has ever known. Illus; 6x9 inches, 466 pgs.
Following up Paladin's 2001 best-seller The Deadliest Men, More of the Deadliest Men Who Ever Lived profiles more than three dozen of history's greatest individual warriors, including King David, John Wesley Hardin, George S. Patton, Richard the Lionheart, & Manfred von Richthofen, as well as such lesser-known figures as:
* Cassius Marcellus Clay, the abolitionist who was feared for his skill with the bowie knife
* Joe Harrison, the San Francisco cab-driver who would pick up any fare, any time, relying on his .41 magnum to keep him alive
* Kitty Hesselberger & Dorothy Raynes-?Simson, who fought off a determined Mau Mau attack at their isolated Kenyan ranch
* Frank Reynolds, the Chicago police officer who killed more than a dozen men in the line of duty & was said to be the only lawman John Dillinger feared
* R.J. Thomas, the Navy SEAL who single-handedly held off a North Vietnamese assault armed only with a .45 automatic
* Adelbert F. Waldron III, the Vietnam-war sniper who racked up the highest kill count on record, but whose story has remained untold until now
Each of the warriors herein dominated a violent environment & triumphed against overwhelming odds. They fought for blood, not sport, with the weapons of individual combat: fist, knife, sword, bow, pistol, rifle & machine gun. Most of them fought for something beyond survival ? a cause, a code, a creed or a country ? while others fought solely in defense of their lives, a worthy enough purpose in itself.
Drawn from books, newspapers, & personal interviews, these action-packed accounts provide an insight into the skills, tactics, & mindset of the greatest fighting men & women the world has ever known.
This book is a collection of profiles of superlative warriors of such strength, skill, courage & ferocity that they could ? & often did ? turn the tide of battle.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Paul Kirchner has been a writer & illustrator for more than 25 years. His work has appeared in publications ranging from Marvel Comics to The Wall Street Journal to Paladin author Jeff Cooper's books.