Out of Stock
Basic shipping only. What's this?
This item has been discontinued and is no longer available.
SHOOTING SPORTING CLAYS
Author: Mark Brannon and Tom Hanrahan
Publisher: STACKPOLE BOOKS, Mar 2011
15 basic target types and strategies for breaking them. Gun swing & speed for the 3 main swing types: swing-through, sustained lead, & pull-away. 92 color photos, 1 B&W illus; 6x9 inches, 176 pgs.
* Foreword by Anthony I. Matarese Jr., 14-time NSCA All-American
* How to choose a pump gun, autoloader, side-by-side, or over-and-under, and check weight, balance, and fit
* Correct stance for the target speed and trajectory
* Understanding lead
* How to fix common mistakes, including lifting your head and stopping or slowing the gun as you shoot
* Practicing on skeet and 5-stand courses and preparing for competition
About the Author:
Mark Brannon is an NRA-certified shotgun instructor and a National Sporting Clays Association Master class shooter and a member of the 2009 NSCA Zone 1 Open all-star team. He serves as the national delegate from Maine for the NSCA and lives in Durham, Maine. Tom Hanrahan lives in Whitefield, Maine, and is a past member of the Maine All State Sporting Clays team. He is also the author of Your Maine Lands: Reflections of a Maine Guide and a columnist for the Northwoods Sporting Journal.