Basic shipping only. What's this?
Author: Bob Church, Editor
Publisher: INDEPENDANT PUBLISHERS GROUP, Dec 2005
Should be read by all anglers who wish to improve their tench fishing. Contributors: Jim Gibbinson, Keith Sanders, Peter Jackson & Dave Harmon, & Editor Bob Church. All reveal their skills & passion for their craft, as well as sheer enjoyment which they gain from the sport. Foreword by Paul Thompson. 100+ photos; some in full color. 8x10 inches, 176 pgs.
Prior to 1950 only 2 tench weighing over 7 lb. had ever been recorded in Britain & in the 1950s & early 1960s the British tench record was under 8 3/4 lb. Since then there has been a dramatic change characterized by a massive increase in the average weights of tench at most waters. It is now possible to catch tench well in excess of 10 lb. and the British record fish currently stands at over 15 lb. It is not surprising that more anglers are fishing for tench, which is undoubtedly a most beautiful, hard-fighting & intriguing species. Nonetheless, in recent years very few books on tench fishing have been published & the appearance of the authoritative volume is therefore both welcome & timely.
* Expert info about all aspects of tench fishing including tactics, baits, rigs, winter tench fishing & where tench are to be found.
* A comprehensive account of the most effective ways of fishing for tench in gravel pits.
* A thorough analysis of how to catch tench using float-fishing methods.
* Detailed descriptions & reminiscences of the captures of extremely large tench.
* The definitive record list of the UK's top 50 tench.
ABOUT THE EDITOR:
Bob Church really requires no introduction, such is his reputation as an outstanding game & coarse fisherman. Bob is a keen tench angler & tench was the first species he took seriously with specimen fish in mind.