On Sale - Clearance
Simms Freestone Boot
An updated version of a Simms favorite. The new Freestone offers outstanding quality and comfort at a fantastic price.
Sizing: Simms recommends selecting boots that are one size larger than your street shoe size
- Synthetic construction offers minimal water absorption
- Padded collar & tongue
- Generous gusseted tongue for ease of entry and exit
- Molded internal heel and toe counters for excellent fit
- Nylon speed laces minimize weight
- EVA wedge with rubber midsole provide stable footbed
- Fully neoprene lined; High quality nylon laces
- StreamTread™ sole accepts HardBite™ Star Cleats, Alumibite™ Star Cleats, and Hardbite™ Studs.
- Features CleanStream™ technology along with our new StreamTread™ traction sole with Vibram® Idrogrip™ 360 traction lug sole.
- Offered in men's whole sizes 5 - 16 EEE. Simms recommends choosing one size larger for men and one size smaller for women.
Vibram® soles are built from the bottom up and are designed to overcome very specific obstacles on a variety of terrains. Vibram® invests heavily in research and development of products never overlooking even the
most minute detail. Vibram soles boast innovative compounds and technical sole patterns, specifically developed to meet the challenges of many different environments and applications.
ECO-CONSCIOUS DESIGN FOR RESPONSIBLE ANGLERS. Invasive species such as mud snails and didymo have become a growing threat to the health of trout populations and aquatic ecosystems throughout the world. And, unfortunately, anglers have played a part in the spread, unintentionally transporting them among different watersheds on their wading boots and other fishing gear. The problem is now well-known in the fishing community and at Simms, they’ve taken the matter to heart.
That’s why they’ve introduced their new CleanStream™ design. CleanStream™ is a design philosophy that runs through their line of wading boots. It doesn’t refer to any specific product or feature. Rather, it describes a combination of features they employ to assist anglers in doing their part to prevent the spread of invasive species. Products with the CleanStream™ design feature materials that are more resistant to “hitchhiking” organisms and have less exposed stitching, fewer ridges and pockets that could potentially hide stowaways. In addition to making fishing gear easier to clean, Simms encourages all anglers to inspect and clean their gear after every outing to help prevent the spread of ANS.
The streamtread sole featuring Vibram® technology is exclusive to Simms. Co-developed with Vibram® – the leader in sole technology, streamtread™ provides two distinct advantages compared to other soles. one is a patented 360-degree lug pattern that cuts through moss and mud. the second is a proprietary mix of rubber compounds that offer super grippy traction, are extremely easy to clean and ensure that the boots don't collect a lot of debris.