This excellent production makes the seemingly impossible task of spinning hair easy & covers many specialized techniques: color on one side, trimming, etc. DVD; 60 min.
* This DVD takes the mystery out of Spinning Deer Hair to help you create durable & effective spun deer hair flies.
* Learn deer hair techniques with expert fly tying instructor, Chris Helm.
* Pelt Parts -- tying flies with deer hair is becoming extremely popular & to do so successfully, you first need to know what hair comes from which part of the body and which flies it is best suited for.
* Tools - Learn which tools & hooks are crucial to success in tying with deer hair.
* Adding colors ...to one side, then to another, installing fine little gills...all with deer hair!
* Stacking & Compacting - so your deer hair bodies are dense & look durable & solid.
* Installing eyes, so they stay.
* Rubber legs...who hasn't suffered through the agony of rubber legs on flies? Chris shows you 2 methods, both extremely effective.
* Trimming...learn how to get hose smooth symmetrically shaped bodies, every time.