50+ changes in the 2013 edition. Covers all the basics for armed travel: vehicles, the glove box, open carry, loaded or not, weapon types, more. Features the complete national reciprocity list, plus a list of every state's Attorney General's office! 68 pgs.
The 2013 edition contains over 50 changes from last year's edition including:
* 50 new sections detailing vehicle gun carry on college campuses
*Expanded coverage of self-defense issue including which states mandate a duty to retreat in public places
*Expanded reciprocity coverage for carry options of residents with out-of-state permits
* 1 state began allowing residents from "constitutional carry" states to carry concealed without permits
* 3 states strengthened their self-defense laws
* 2 states made reciprocity for out-of-state licensees less restrictive
* 1 state began recognizing all out-of-state permits
* 1 state legalized open carry for permittees
* 9 states added over 33 other states to their reciprocity / recognition lists
*1 state banned open carry for all firearms
* 1 state liberalized laws for vehicle carry of a handgun
* 2 states enacted laws preventing businesses from infringing on the rights of gun owners while parked on business property
* 1 state expanded its existing "parking lot exemption" law
* 1 state's attorney general mandated "concealed-only" carry for permittees
* 2 state supreme courts made gun carry on college campuses less restrictive
* 1 state affirmed right of sportsmen to carry concealed handguns while hunting
The book that had to be written! Because you are subject to arrest for simply traveling from state to state with a personal firearm, some sort of guide has been badly needed for years. This excellent book covers all the basics for armed travel: vehicles, the glove box, open carry, loaded or not, weapon types, more.
Features the complete national reciprocity list, plus a list of every state's Attorney General's office!
Kentucky attorney Kappas has created an indispensable tool, while work is underway to restore our eroded rights. In the future, maybe, if you have a gun and you're not a criminal, that won't violate anything. Until then, get and read The Traveler's Guide to the Firearm Laws of the 50 States! Includes Canada & Mexico too.
Read it before a trip, pack it, or leave one in your vehicle, so you know what to expect as you approach each state line. Clear writing gives you the basics for every state in one handy guide. Plus, each state is rated for its relative freedom, based on its gun laws, from zero to 100. See where your state ranks.