Full historical & collector details on all known types of knives made in Confederate factories...including unidentified types & the Georgia & Alabama Contracts. 850 photos; 8.5x11 inches, 288 pgs.
Features include ?
* 856 full-color photos illustrating more than 350 of the finest Southern Bowies in existence.
* All your favorite makers, from Boyle & Gamble and Louis Froelich to Nashville Plow Works and Thomas Leech & Co.
* Extensive, valuable coverage of locally made Southern knives, including the many identified makers as well as those whose origins are still unclear.
* New research and freshly discovered makers...previously unpublished info. available nowhere else but here!
* A full discussion of ?dug? relic knives, with a large selection of intriguing examples shown and explained.
* Perhaps the largest album of historical Confederate soldiers holding Bowie knives ever assembled. A truly amazing and beautiful resource.