NEW tips on finding habitat & parsing the habitat you do find, walking-up grouse (with & without a dog), getting grouse to flush, the best ways to get a shot, gun & shell choices, modern gear pros & cons, & much more. 260 pgs.
The first book by the Serious Bird Hunting guys, Serious Grouse Hunting Book 1 is all about one thing: Improving your ruffed grouse hunting. The book has NEW tips on finding habitat and parsing the habitat you do find, walking-up grouse (with and without a dog), getting grouse to flush, the best ways to get a shot, gun and shell choices, modern gear pros and cons, and much more. Serious Grouse Hunting Book 1 takes a 70-year old conversation about grouse hunting and brings it into the 21st Century. All bird hunters will enjoy this book, and those who aren't yet Serious about grouse hunting will be after reading it!
- Dramatically improve your grouse hunting ability.
- New strategies and age-old secrets revealed.
- Easy-to-understand illustrations and entertaining, down-to-earth explanations.
- Learn how to harness the power of technologies like Google Earth to advance your hunting skills.
- Discover which time-honored grouse hunting tactics are debunked. Improve your game with Serious Grouse Hunting!
What the Experts Are Saying:
This is, without a doubt, one of the best books on the subject of ruffed grouse ever published.
--Dick Nelson, Hudson, NY Register-Star newspaper
I highly recommend "Serious Grouse Hunting, Book I." I love the irreverence and good humor that's wound around the carload of practical advice it cleverly offers. It's a great book.
--John Pitarresi, Utica, NY Observer-Dispatch newspaper
There is plenty of information to benefit any grouse hunter.... These guys are serious upland game hunters and they are not afraid to stand conventional wisdom on its head to find what really works.
--Rob Streeter, Albany, NY Times-Union newspaper
--Ken Moran, New York Post