Beyond basic hunting manuals into less traditional stalking techniques. Updated info on American & Canadian hunting regulations, preseason scouting, & hunting from stands & up-to-the-minute studies about Chronic Wasting Disease. 297 color photos; 6x9 inches, 448 pgs.
* Revised and expanded, including five all-new chapters and color photos throughout
* Includes chapters on preseason scouting, stand hunting, stillhunting, drives, and tracking
* Advice on weapons, clothing, calls, cameras, and other equipment
* How to butcher a deer and remove the hide and antlers
* The latest information on chronic wasting disease, bovine TB, and other diseases that affect deer
* An experienced hunter's take on different methods of deer management
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Richard P. Smith is an award-winning outdoor writer and photographer living in Marquette, Michigan, who has been deer hunting for almost 40 years. His writing and photography appear regularly in national magazines including Deer & Deer Hunting and American Hunter. His 20 books include Tracking Wounded Deer, Stand Hunting for Whitetails, and Great Michigan Deer Tales.