The guide for planning a successful trip, short or long. Choose essential gear, with checklists for personal & group gear. 130 color photos; 5x9 inches, 336 pgs.
* Research access to public land, domestic and international
* Create a budget and find additional funding
* Plan food and fuel requirements
* How to prepare mentally and physically
* Health issues, including insurance, illnesses, and injuries
* Transportation and lodging
* How to deal with risks in the wilderness
* Leave No Trace principles for sustainable travel
About the Author:
Dave Anderson`s and Teton ranges in Wyoming to grade VI big walls in Pakistan. A NOLS senior field instructor, he resides in Seattle, Washington. Molly Absolon, a NOLS instructor since 1986, lives and writes in Lander, Wyoming. Her personal expeditions have taken her to 15 different countries on 4 continents, from long traverses in the Wind River to Alaska, the Yukon, Nepal, India, Ecuador, and throughout the western United States. With 35 years of instructing for NOLS between them, these trip-planning experts highlight the necessary steps of any successful expedition.