The highly-anticipated follow up to Fishing Music is finally available! A spirited mix of songs & tunes inspired by fish, fishing & rivers, performed by some of the country's finest acoustic musicians. 16 songs; 60 min.
The highly-anticipated follow up to Fishing Music is finally available!
1. LITTLE MISS CUTTHROAT (David A. Thompson, Woody Overtones Music, ASCAP)
Ben Winship vocal, mandolin David Thompson harmony, bass Phil Round harmony Billy Novick clarinet Mike Dowling guitar Ed Domer - drums
2. MAYFLY (Jeffrey Foucault, Blueblade Music, ASCAP)
Jeffrey Foucault vocal, guitar Margo Valiante - harmony Ben Winship harmony, mandolin David Thompson bass
3. GONE FISHIN (Charles & Nick Kenny, EMI Feist)
Tim & Mollie OBrien - vocals Billy Novick clarinet Mike Dowling guitars Ben Winship mandolin David Thompson - bass Bob Britten - piano Ed Domer - drums
4. THE EELS NEPHEW (Bud Freeman, Warock Corp)
Ben Winship mandola Billy Novick clarinet Mike Dowling guitars David Thompson - bass
5. WAITING ON THE EVENING RISE (Ben Winship, Fried Acres Music, ASCAP)
Ben Demerath vocal Ben Winship tenor guitar, mandolin Rob Ickes dobro Leon Hunt banjo David Thompson bass
6. WADE IN THE WATER (Traditional, arr. by Ben Winship, Fried Acres Music, ASCAP)
Margo Valiante - vocal Mollie OBrien & Jeff Newsom harmony Ben Winship harmony, tenor guitar, mandolin, percussion David Thompson harmony, bass, percussion Mike Dowling electric guitar Tim Robinson drums Pygmy water drums courtesy of Martin Cradick
7. FISHIN IN THE WIND (Mike Dowling, Tabletop Music, ASCAP)
Mike Dowling guitar Ben Winship mandolin
8. OLD BAMBOO (David A. Thompson, Woody Overtones Music, ASCAP)
John Lowell vocal Ben Winship harmony, mandolin David Thompson harmony, guitar, bass Andy Hall dobro Leon Hunt - banjo
9. I CAUGHT A KEEPER (Mike Dowling, Morganactive Songs, Inc./Pinspotter, ASCAP)
Mike Dowling vocals, guitar Mollie OBrien harmony Bob Britten - piano Ben Winship mandolin Brian Wicklund fiddle David Thompson - bass Ed Domer - drums
10. LOST RIVER (Chris Coole, Westbranch Publishing, SOCAN)
Chris Coole - banjo Arnie Naiman guitar Brian Wicklund fiddle Ben Winship mandolin David Thompson - bass
11. CHURCH OF THE WANDERING STREAM (David A. Thompson, Woody Overtones Music, ASCAP)
Mollie OBrien vocal Ben Winship harmony, mandolin, octave mandolin, guitar David Thompson harmony, bass Kenny Hadden - harmony Rob Ickes dobro Leon Hunt - banjo
12. FISHING IN THE DARK (Traditional)
Jeff Newsom vocal, harmonica Mike Dowling guitars Ben Winship mandola
13. OPENING DAY (David A. Thompson, Woody Overtones Music, ASCAP)
Rob Ickes dobro Billy Novick sax David Thompson guitars, shaker Bob Britten piano Kyle Brenner cello Ed Domer - drums
14. THE WINDING STREAM (A. P. Carter, Peer International Corp.)
Aoife ODonovan - vocal Tim OBrien - harmony Ross Martin - electric guitar Matt Flinner - mandolin Ben Winship - tenor guitar, percussion Eric Thorin - bass Ron Craighead - drums
15. THE OL DIAMONDBACK STURGEON/JEFF STURGEON (Lalonde, Alexander, Claypool Warner-Tamberlane Publishing/Trad.)
Ben Winship vocal, mandolin, tenor banjo Margo Valiante harmony David Thompson harmony Andy Hall dobro Chris Coole banjo Brian Wicklund fiddle Eric Thorin - bass
16. EVERYBODYS FISHIN (Traditional)
Mollie OBrien vocal Jeff Newsom harmonica, vocal Billy Novick sax Bob Britten - piano Ben Winship mandolin David Thompson - bass Ed Domer - drums Rowdy Boys Chorus Owen Winship, Thomas Sneed, Pete Sibley, Bobo Bell, Phil Round, David Thompson, Ben Winship
THE FISHING MUSIC STORY
Fishing Music began as a collaboration between musician and recording engineer Ben Winship, and musician and fly fishing aficionado David Thompson.
Ben is a veteran of the acoustic music scene, as a founding member of the bluegrass band "Loose Ties" touring with the Judith Edelman Band, and now joining Dave in Kane's River, currently gaining popularity in the bluegrass world. Ben also produced an acclaimed solo album called "One Shoe Left" in his Henhouse Studio, where much of the Fishing Music album was recorded.
Years back, Dave was a fly fishing guide and instructor before becoming establishing his own outdoor-focused marketing company (and playing music professionally). His company develops business identities, brochures, Web sites, and provides other creative services. During the fish-crazed years, he ran casting schools for Orvis, won fly fishing tournaments, and visited some of the top fresh and saltwater angling destinations worldwide. On the music side, Dave founded Kane's River with fellow band member John Lowell, and one of the songs he wrote, This Whole World, made it into the Top 10 on the Bluegrass Charts.